Frequently Asked Questions:
With the foster space we currently have, accepting owner surrenders is not typically possible. If you are willing to keep the dog until we can find a foster or forever home, we are more than happy to assist you. We can also offer help with training and behavioral issues as well as temporary assistance with food or supplies. Please contact us if you need advice or help with your Beagle to see what we can do.
Per our adoption contract, any dog adopted from DFW Beagle Buddies will be taken back at any time.
- Vaccines – Rabies, DHPP, Bordetella (and age-appropriate boosters for puppies)
- Heartworm test (and treatment if positive)
- Heartworm Prevention (in foster care + 1 dose for their new home)
- Fecal test and/or deworming
- Microchip and Registration
- Dental (if necessary)
We take care of any medical needs and have had Beagle Buddies who required dental extractions, hernia surgery, amputation, endoscopy, hospitalization, labwork, blood transfusion, CT scan, etc.
The adoption fee generally does not cover our vet expenses, so any additional donations are very much appreciated!